GPU Computing Specialist
Center for High Performance Computing of Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Location: Shanghai, China
Salary range:to be discussed
About the Center
The Center for High Performance Computing (CHPC)of Shanghai Jiao Tong University(SJTU) was established in 2011. The primary function of the CHPC is the delivery and support HPC resources for education and research. The CHPC's supercomputer π, is currently the fastest supercomputer among the universities in China. The cluster is based on a hybrid architecture of 6640 cores, 100 NVIDIA K20, and 10 Intel Xeon Phi.
The CHPC is run by an international maintenance and research team. The center works closely with both industry and academia. In 2011, the CHPC was awarded as the 16th CUDA Center of Excellence (CCOE) by NVIDIA Corporation and joined the same year the Supercomputing Innovation Alliance as a governmental department.
The CHPC also provide courses on HPC.
The Center for High Performance Computing of Shanghai Jiao Tong University is hiring for a GPU computing specialist to support the HPC users regarding their GPU utilization and participates to the administration of the system.
You'll be part of an enthusiastic and united team, passionate about scientific computing and about bringing good services.
This is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge research environment, such as instruction-based programming technology and low energy consuming processors.
A strong customer-oriented approach is required, providing first line support to the cluster users.
Candidates will need to hold a Master degree or equivalent in a mathematical or scientific computing discipline.
- Work as part of a small team to deliver high quality first level of support to HPC users
- Provide technical support to users regarding their GPU utilization
- Participate in the administration of the supercomputer π
Experience and Skills
- Master degree or equivalent in computer science, mathematics or computational sciences
- Strong knowledge of GPU architecture and CUDA
- Good parallel programming skills (OpenMP, MPI, and OpenACC)
- Fortran and C/C++ experience
- Excellent communication skills and written English.
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of different HPC applications
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux system administration
- Experience developing HPC software
- Hands-on experience of HPC, using batch schedulers, profilers, debuggers, compilers, etc.
To find out more about the center, please visit us at
http://hpc.sjtu.edu.cn and http://pi.sjtu.edu.cn .
Please apply, enclosing your CV and a covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org .